Coalition for Jewish Learning
The Milwaukee Jewish Federation’s Coalition for Jewish Learning supports high quality Jewish education throughout the greater Milwaukee area and within all streams of Jewish life.
The work of CJL focuses on five initiatives:
- Through its Congregational Schools Initiative, CJL provides professional training to teachers at congregational schools. Services are provided at no cost, and educators receive a stipend for their participation.
- CJL administers scholarship funds provided by the Helen Bader Foundation to make Jewish day school education more affordable to Milwaukee families. The CJL scholarship committee solicits scholarship applications, evaluates applicants’ financial needs and determines how the funds will be allocated to each school.
- CJL provides education consultation and advocacy to educators, schools and congregations.
- CJL acknowledges the achievements of local Jewish educators through its annual educator recognition event.
- Each year CJL gathers and disseminates school census data.