Impact of Your Gift
A single gift to the Milwaukee Jewish Federation’s 2017 Annual Campaign helps ensure that Jews in southeastern Wisconsin will have the programs and services that sustain and nurture Jewish life. It will also reach into every corner of the global Jewish community to serve those in need. No gift changes more Jewish lives.
What can your gift pay for?
- $50 provides hot meals for 10 seniors
- $100 educates a classroom of students about the Holocaust
- $250 provides a month of in-home counseling sessions for a homebound adult
- $1,000 pays for free Shabbat dinners for 150 college students
- $5,000 helps 5 children attend Jewish day schools
- $10,000 helps 20 children experience Jewish summer camp
The funds raised in the 2016 Annual Campaign were put to work, creating a healthy Jewish community today and ensuring a healthy Jewish community in the future.
Responding to need
- Served more than 37,600 clients at the Jewish Community Food Pantry
- Provided 8,000 outpatient mental health counseling sessions in Milwaukee
- Provided food, medicine, shelter and other services to more than 30,000 elderly Jews and 4,600 children in Ukraine
Building Jewish identity
- Engaged nearly 500 students with Jewish youth groups
- Educated almost 900 children in Jewish day schools (PK-8)
- Provided 9,000 Shabbat dinners to college students
Pursuing a just world
- Trained 250 students to advocate for Israel and to confront anti-Semitism on campus
- Responded to anti-Semitic incidents, which continue to rise annually
- Taught the lessons of the Holocaust to more than 21,400 people
Creating financial security
- Raised $5.9 million dollars to support the community through our Annual Campaign
- Secured 650 legacy commitments, resulting in an estimated $16 million in future gifts for synagogues, day schools and Jewish agencies
- Awarded $618,000 in scholarships to local students and campers
Connecting to Israel
- Attracted 2,500 participants to Israel Center programs
- Engaged more than 500 students with our Shlichim (Israel cultural emissaries), Shin Shinim (Young Israel cultural emissaries) and Israel Campus Fellows
- Convened hundreds at a peace vigil for Israel
One gift supports the Federation and also our network of local and international partners. We are hard at work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in Milwaukee, in Israel and in 70 countries around the world. See where the money goes when you donate to our Annual Campaign.