The work of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation depends upon a strong collaboration between community volunteers and staff professionals. The time and talents of our volunteers contribute immeasurably to our ability to meet our strategic goals and support a vital Jewish community, locally, in Israel and around the world. Listed below, by area, are numerous opportunities for volunteers to join us in this important work. To learn more about any of these opportunities, or to volunteer, please contact Rabbi Hannah Greenstein at 414-390-5764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Campaign for the Community
The Annual Campaign for the Community is the primary fundraising component of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation. The Annual Campaign for the Community, which is active from mid-August through May of the following calendar year, raises vital funds which are allocated to support the programs, partner agencies and partner organizations of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation.
• Campaign Cabinet
• Campaign Volunteers are involved in planning and implementing the Annual Campaign for the Community, with a special focus on active solicitation of gifts.
The Business Services Department of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation provides accounting, budgeting and financial expertise, as well as information technology, to support the work of the Federation and its direct service programs with financial planning and reporting as well as basic accounting functions.
• Audit Subcommittee
• Budget Committee
• Finance Committee
• Fiscal Steward
• Investment Committee
• Property Committee
Coalition for Jewish Learning/HERC
The Coalition for Jewish Learning (CJL) is the education program of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation, serving as a resource and support for Jewish education in our community’s preschools, day schools, congregational schools and other settings. It includes the Nathan and Esther Pelz Holocaust Education Resource Center (HERC).
• CJL Educator of the Year Committee
• Day School Grant Allocation Committee*
• HERC Executive Committee
• HERC Genocide Project
• HERC Holocaust Educators Council
• HERC Holocaust Speakers Bureau
• HERC Kristallnacht Planning Committee
• HERC Operations Committee
• HERC Yom Hashoah Planning Committee
The Economic Forum, which is held several times each year, features noted speakers on topics that appeal to our business and professional communities.
• Honorary Committee*
• Planning Committee
Israel Center/ Partnership2Gether
The Israel Center disseminates information about Israel, coordinates educational programs for individuals and groups of all ages and is involved in advocacy and fund-raising efforts. The Director of the Israel Center is the community shlicha, or emissary, from Israel. The Partnership2Gether (P2G) program links Milwaukee with our Israeli sister region of the Sovev Kinneret.
• Israel & Overseas Committee
• P2Gether Cluster Committee
• P2Gether Steering Committee
• P2Gether Volunteers are involved in a number of programs that bring volunteers from Milwaukee to live, learn and help out in our P2K region in Israel
• Shlichut Committee
• Yamim Committee
Jewish Community Foundation
The Jewish Community Foundation is the endowment development program of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation.
• JCF Board of Trustees*
• JCF Endowment Committee*
• JCF Investment Committee*
• JCF Scholarship Committee*
Jewish Museum Milwaukee
Located on the first floor of the Helfaer Community Service building, the Jewish Museum Milwaukee is dedicated to preserving and presenting the history of the Jewish people in southeastern Wisconsin and celebrating the continuum of Jewish heritage and culture.
• Archives & Acquisitions Committee
• Archives Volunteers
• Board of Trustees*
• Development Committee
• Docent Volunteers
• Education Committee
• Exhibit Committee
• Genealogy Committee
• Nominating Committee
• Program Committee
The Marketing Department provides marketing and public relations support to the programming and fundraising initiatives of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation and its direct service programs.
• Marketing Committee
Milwaukee Jewish Federation
• Board of Directors*
• Executive Committee*
• Board Nominating Committee*
• Benjamin E. Nickoll Young Leadership Award Committee*
• Financial Resource Development Committee*
Planning and Allocations
The Planning and Allocations Department provides community planning and allocations support to the Milwaukee Jewish Federation, its direct service programs and its constituent agencies, extending its influence to the broader local Jewish community as well.
• Community Planning and Allocations Committee
• Agency Review Council
Volunteer Engagement/Leadership Development
The Volunteer Engagement/Leadership Development function of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation coordinates outreach efforts to attract and retain new volunteers and to provide leadership development opportunities to encourage their progress within the organization.
• Shalom Milwaukee Committee
The Women’s Division of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation empowers women to reach their full potential as philanthropists while providing educational and leadership development opportunities.
• Women’s Division Board of Directors*
• Women’s Division Executive Committee*
• Jewish Awareness Planning Committee
• Jewish Women’s Endowment Fund Committee
• Political Awareness Planning Committee (With JCRC)
• Women’s Campaign Cabinet*
• Women’s Campaign Volunteers
• Women’s Division Nominating Committee*
• Shalom Baby Committee
Young Leadership Division
Young Leadership Division are the future leaders of the Milwaukee Jewish community, a diverse group of individuals ages 25-45 seeking to make a real difference.
• Young Leadership Council
• YLD Planning Committee
Jewish Community Relations Council
• JCRC Board*
• JCRC Steering Committee*
• Israel Advocacy and Education Task Force
• Genocide Awareness
• Anti-Semitism & Constitutional Law Task Force
* Designates those opportunities that are offered by invitation only.
To learn more about any of these opportunities, or to volunteer, please contact Rabbi Hannah Greenstein at (414) 390-5764 or email@example.com.