A bridge to the community-at-large
The JCRC works with faith, ethnic, and community groups to address common concerns, aiming to promote religious freedom, tolerance, mutual respect, and understanding.
- Engages in powerful interfaith and intergroup relations through active dialogue groups and through Milwaukee’s interfaith organizations.
- Counters polarization by convening people for thoughtful and civil discussion.
Educating and Advocating for Israel
The JCRC works to increase knowledge and support for Israel in the Jewish community and community-at-large.
- Counters anti-Israel measures in civic, academic, and religious settings, and advocates for Israel with elected officials.
- Creates educational opportunities and facilitates civil and thoughtful conversations about Israel.
Influencing public policy
The JCRC acts as the eyes, ears, and voice of the Jewish community, mobilizing on key legislative issues.
- Works with elected officials at all levels of government.
- Participates in local, state, and national coalitions related to separation of church and state, poverty, civil rights, and discrimination.
- Holds community events for the Jewish community to meet with candidates and elected officials with the goal of educating voters and increasing familiarity and sensitivity to community concerns.
Safeguarding the Jewish community
The JCRC advocates for the rights of all Jews, monitoring and responding to anti-Semitic activity, and counters discrimination against all people.
- Holds institutions and communities accountable for anti-Semitic incidents by working with them to take necessary steps to counter bigotry against Jews and other minorities.
- Increases opportunities for teachers, elected officials, executives, and community leaders to learn about Jews and Judaism.
- Calls out hateful speech, bigotry, and incivility, regardless of its target.
Engaging in tikkun olam
The JCRC mobilizes Jewish volunteers to work together to strengthen our community and repair the world.
- Defends the most vulnerable members of our community by advocating for policy change and filling immediate needs.
- Galvanizes the Jewish community to help refugees and to stand in solidarity with embattled communities.
- Nurtures social justice heroes through its Robert H. Friebert Social Justice Award.
Download the JCRC brochure.